Mr. Sunshine, which premiered last night on ABC (sorry I forgot to give you a heads up) cracked me up. Matthew Perry’s sarcastic sense of humor is right up my alley. I loved his last gig, Studio 60 and the Sunset Strip.
Premise: Depressed, 40 year old manager of a sports facility makes sarcastic comments in the midst of chaos and wacky coworkers, including Allison Janey (West Wing) and Hugo from Lost.
Side note: The combo of Matthew Perry and Alison Janey is making me miss Bradley Whitford !!! I kind of liked Bradley’s recently canceled show The Good Guys, but not enough to have ever mentioned it before or to have watched it past episode 3.
I had grand plans to list some quotes from the Mr. Sunshine pilot, but when I played it back, I realized you have to actually watch it to get it. For example, I thought it was hilarious when some guy in a mascot tiger costume asks to be unzipped because he dropped a taco in his suit. Does that sound funny?
It’s very similar to Better Off Ted, which I initially found hilarious as well, but it got annoying fast.
Mr. Sunshine might get old but it made me laugh out loud a couple of times, so I am going to find a place for it on the list.
IN OTHER TV NEWS:
- Episodes, Shameless, and Being Human are out
- The final season of Big Love is fabulous
- I have checked in to American Idol briefly and I am liking the new judging panel
- Breaking Bad is AMAZING (what was I thinking not watching until now!)
- The Office and Parks & Recreation have been stellar lately
- Damon Salvatore is still hot