I’m hungry. I was on a downward spiral in to salami and frozen pizzas, so I decided to start my reset with a juice cleanse. I am almost at the end of day three. I am not thinking 100% clearly, so let’s see how this post goes. At a minimum, it will distract me until my next juice.
I have not met with my executive coach yet (that happens later this week), but before I stopped eating, I did do my pre-coaching homework. This homework included some tests that revealed my top five strengths and my four Tru Value words. Anyone who knows me would not be surprised by either of these lists.
My Top Five Strengths:
- Caution, prudence, and discretion (this one makes me laugh because it basically keeps me from doing anything and yet it is apparently, a strength!)
- Judgement, critical thinking, and open mindedness (I do think things through A LOT. Big thinker.)
- Industry, diligence, and perseverance (I do keep trying to climb out of the hole!)
- Honesty, authenticity, and genuineness (I don’t know how to be anyone but me. Sometimes I wish I did.)
- Modesty and humility (oh yeah)
These were my four Tru Value words. I had a list of 100 words in 15 categories and I had to narrow it down to four.
- To feel good (This was not the same as “have fun” which did not make my top 4. I did find the distinction interesting . Feeling good was in the “to feel” category with words like “emote”, “experience”, “sense”, and “in touch with.” “Have fun” was in the pleasure category with “be hedonistic”, “play games”, and “be amused”. “To feel good” is WAY more me. I wonder if anyone actually picks “be hedonistic?”)
- Be connected (connection makes me feel good!)
- Excellence (I am a recovering perfectionist, of course)
- Accomplish (nothing better than checking things off the list)
Both tests also concluded that I am not spiritual and don’t really have a zest for life/sense of adventure. Not a shock.
I do like taking tests, but I think I know myself pretty well and I am not sure exactly how these lists will help me get unstuck in my career. I guess this is why I am paying a coach! Perhaps she can figure out how a super cautious person who likes to get things done but lacks a zest for life and has not found God can find her way out of a mid-life crisis.
Its time for my next juice!